06 March 2015

The Last Night

A Farewell to Beds

I'm sitting here at the Petit Crest Villas in Georgia (about 70 miles north of Atlanta and 12 miles from Amicalola Falls State Park, where Springer Mountain resides) trying to soak up every modern comfort I can before I have to start fighting mice for shelter space tomorrow.  It was a surreal feeling to drive 500+ miles from Virginia and think during the whole 15 hour car ride (we hit traffic) "Am I really going to try and walk over all this again. It was grueling enough in the car."

Tonight I'm probably going to squirm, toss, and turn trying to force my self to enjoy EVERY BIT of the fluffy-cloud-bed in hopes that comfort can carry me through until the next hostel. Of course "comfort" can not be stored in one's thighs or tummy, like fats and calories can be, so my best tossing and turning efforts will be futile.

We start tomorrow. Best wishes everyone!

Quick Facts/Updates


  • My "base weight" - what my pack weighs without food and water (because those are ever changing variables) = 23 pound, acceptable 
  • My total pack weight with 4-6 days of food and 2 liters of water = 31-35 pounds, acceptable
  • (From now on I will be updating from my droid so please ride out the ensuing typos, auto correct typing is a cruel mistress)
  • My articles (more formal than this blog) will be published by the Culpeper Star Exponent in the Culpeper Living Sunday edition and online!!!
    • These will be bi-weekly articles 

COMING SOON!!!....

(The archway at the start of the northbound AT)

Out,

-Mullins

1 comment: